About the role
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced developer to be part of a multi-award winning and rapidly growing company on an exciting technical journey. You’ll need the right mix of technical ability, experience, skills and drive to help build the business within the exciting and dynamic environment at Law 365.
We are not your average law firm
We knew that the traditional old school law firm model was broken, we hated the overly competitive cultures, demanding work hours and not being a true legal partner to the businesses we serve.
So, we created a model that was a win:win for both the clients and the staff – we use a subscription based model (like Hello Fresh or Netflix) and use the latest technology to better work with our clients.
The result is a hybrid in-house and private practice model where we act as their in-house team for our clients. The subscription basis means that clients can enjoy our services without worrying escalating costs as they pay an affordable subscription that is the same every month.
The knock-on effect? We can concentrate on being the best lawyer for our clients, driving towards results, not billable hours.
What you'll do
Develop cutting-edge software
Working alongside the Chief Vision Officer and Technical Architect you will develop exciting new products and services based on Machine Learning, Bot Frameworks whilst developing further expertise in new and cutting-edge Microsoft technologies.
Law 365 website
Assist the Marketing team in development of the website, providing technical expertise and development work to improve the hosting platform capabilities.
Get stuck in!
Manage the automated build pipelines, develop the backlog, introduce your own ideas and work both independently and as a team towards a common goal.
Develop your career
We work collaboratively but encourage professional independence, too. There are opportunities to progress rapidly within the team and to develop your own skills, if that’s what you choose.
Law 365’s senior management will work with you to understand what you want to achieve from your career, and how best to achieve it.
Work towards Microsoft certification (if that interests you) and encouraged to attend national and regional Microsoft conferences to broaden your knowledge and help develop your personal professional network.
Enjoy the culture
Be part of a team that is supportive at all levels and, in turn, support your team in a collaborative way. There is no competition within the team at Law 365, we are all one team and when one person is busy, they can ask their peers or wider team for help. Be proactive and adept at engaging with other parts of the business where required and supporting other areas where necessary.
We’ve worked hard to create a culture of professional excellence combined with a welcoming, fun and diverse outlook. Our first class team work hard, but the Law 365 culture means we have fun at the same time.
Feel pretty zen!
Have you checked out all the phenomenal well-being activities we offer? Our incredible in-house coach has devised some absolutely amazing wellbeing initiatives, we are after all ‘a Great Place to Work’ and fully certified! We also get that life is tough and we have signed up to the Mindful Business Charter indicating what our four pillars are for mental health.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
£50k - £65k (dependent on experience).
Tunbridge Wells, Kent. Combination of remote and office working (at least once a month).
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years working as a software developer with Azure and Microsoft technology
- 3+ years developing C# .NET Web API endpoints
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
Great to have
- Any exposure to the following technologies would be useful, but not required;
- Microsoft 365
- Power Platform / Azure Logic Apps
- Microsoft Bot Framework
- Azure Cognitive Services
- Adaptive Cards
- Design skills/packages
- Experience with DevOps and Unit Tests desirable but not necessary.
Great communication and teamwork
- A high performer who thrives in a fast-paced business environment.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies, skills and techniques.
- Strong team player with excellent organisational and communication skills; high energy; a desire to learn; and a commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, complete tasks and problem solve, while communicating progress and impediments.
What are the benefits?
- 25 days annual holiday.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Private medical insurance (Vitality)
- Full home office set-up provided (laptop, monitor, chair, keyboard, mouse)
- Full access to 1:1 and team coaching with our in-house Executive Performance Coach.
- In-house and external training programmes.
- A suite of wellbeing initiatives and activities
- Central (and dog-friendly) office located within walking distance of Tunbridge Wells train station